Sunday, February 3, 2008

Groundhog Day

This year I totally forgot about Groundhog Day until it was over. I remember when I was growing up I thought that maybe Spring would come early to NW Ohio if Puxatawny Phil didn't see his shadow. Not that I didn't love those snow delays or school cancellations due to snow and ice in the early Spring but I really thought winter might be a little shorter without that shadow on February 2nd. Here on Guam it's hard to even remember that we are "in" the winter season right now. We do see an occasional weather report on some of those national news shows we come across late at night. Right now China is suffering with extreme weather conditions and several areas on the mainland are seeing wintery conditions. Brrr!!! At least my friend, P., in upstate NY tells me she is enjoying herself right now~making memories with her family at the ski slopes and the ice rink. It's amazing how one year you can be living on a tropical island and the next year you find yourself in the land of snow and cold. Keep your fingers crossed that we don't end up in Minot, ND in winter 2009. I don't think I could handle the extreme change in temperature. I would have to ease my way back into that cold weather first. Actually, let's just hope that we can continue to be stationed in warm weather locales so I don't have to buy any mittens and scarves any time soon!

No comments:

Lilymei joined our family...

Lilymei was born...

Drew is...

Nate is...

Jean and Scott have been married....