Sunday, April 27, 2008

Oh my they did it again!

As I get ready to head out on a trip back to the mainland, US. I would like to brag one more time about my sons. Nate & Drew once again won a base wide writing contest this week; the theme was "What does it mean to be a military child?". I am so proud of them both for their hard work. I thought it would be nice to place at least part of each of their essays on the blog, so:
Nate's "...it means that we get to go to interesting place. My dad didn't used to be in the military. When he was a civilian he would not come home for lunch or dinner. Sometimes he would have to stay at a hotel for the night. He even worked on weekends. Now that he is in the military we go to assignments together. Now we almost always eat dinner together. It feels really nice to have my dad back. I am very proud that my dad is in the military."
Drew's "I am a military child. I am 9 years old, my dad joined the military when I was 4 years old. I can't remember what it was like before the military. I like my dad in the Air Force because we can see all the cool stuff like the jets and air planes. I feel proud with my dad in the Air Force. I like being a military child because we meet new people, live in different houses, and live in different climates. I get to travel around the world with my family. We get to go to cool places like Japan and China for vacations."
So as you can see the boys are busy doing some writing, but as we speak they are both enjoying the spoils of their winnings, a new Wii game called MarioKart.
Well to those that I will see during my trip back to the states, I hope to travel safe and be there after a mere 24.5 hours of travel! Take care to all-Scott.

1 comment:

Patti said...

Wow that's awesome! Congrats and enjoy the Wii! We really want one of those too. I entered a contest (no writing involved - Thank God) to win the option to BUY one. Haha! Hope you are having fun in the states!

Lilymei joined our family...

Lilymei was born...

Drew is...

Nate is...

Jean and Scott have been married....