Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Boy Scout Camp

This week Nate is attending his first Boy Scout Summer Camp. I dropped him off at the scoutmaster's home at 7am Monday morning. I think Nate was a little nervous; he's never camped away from home for more than 2 nights. This year's camp runs from Monday morning through Saturday morning.

Last night was Family Night down at the campsite. Scott, Drew, and I made it down in time to hear Nate shout his Troop's "cheer" (for lack of a better term) all by himself, in front of the other troops. The rest of Troop 20 was busy cooking the hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner that evening. Nate is not one to be quiet so he did just fine on his own. Just as I was trying to capture a few photos Drew and I stepped into a nest of red ants. OUCH!!! I can't believe how those ants can hurt you so much! One of the scout moms had a first aid kit so we doused the bitten areas with AFTER BITE. Those bites just itch so bad. I awoke through the night just scratching like crazy. I have been bitten before, but not this bad. Needless to say, Drew and I will have shoes and socks on when we go down to the campsite Friday night to watch the troops skits and bonfire.

Nate is having a great time at camp. He has been working on his Nuclear Science badge, Space Exploration badge, and his Shooting Sports badge which includes Archery and BB gun shooting. I didn't have much time to ask him how things were going...he was busy with serving food, changing out of his Class A's, and finally eating. He is sooo tired. His scoutmaster said Nate fell asleep in the chair at camp Tuesday night by 8:30pm. He was almost asleep in a chair when we left him last night @ 7:15pm. I wonder how many days it will take him to recover once he gets home to a hot shower and a comfy bed?

No comments:

Lilymei joined our family...

Lilymei was born...

Drew is...

Nate is...

Jean and Scott have been married....