Thursday, October 23, 2008

Can we exhale yet?

"I love these apricots Mom! Can I have some more?"


Where has the week gone? It seems like I just unpacked the suitcases.....oh yeah....I just did! Actually, I haven't even put the suitcases away yet, but in my defense, in order to do that I have to pull off our mattress and box spring and gently place those large suitcases under the bed frame. I can't wait until we have a "little" bit more room.


On the bright side Lilymei has had a couple more "firsts" this week:
  • She will no longer lay nicely when I am changing her diaper. She squirms like crazy!

  • She will attempt to stand on her head like her loving brother Drew taught her to!

  • She will show her "frown" or "smile" face on demand! Too cute if I do say so myself.

  • She will "Patty Cake" all the hand motions over and over and she is learning "Itsy Bitsy Spider" now too.

and last of all but most exciting......


  • Lily can stand alone and she took 5 steps all by herself!!! She is so proud of herself as are we. It won't be long now before she is running~I know....look out.

Tomorrow we are having a family photo taken. Poor Lily is suffering from her first cold (with us) and Drew has some sort of impetigo on his chin. I wonder if we can have all of our faults airbrushed out of the picture. Maybe I should reschedule but I just wanted to have it done on base and not have to drive "all the way down town" to have it done. We'll wing it and see what happens.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I took Lilymei to the pediatrician the day after we arrived home from Hawaii to have her spots looked at. Even though the spots were healing up nicely I just wanted another set of eyes to take a peek at them. Lilymei's doctor feels that she did indeed have a mild case of the chicken pox. At least she had them before Halloween. I would hate to think of how many more children would have been exposed had those spots come out 3 weeks later!

5 comments:

Chad and Kristy said...

Go Lilymei!!! You will be chasing your brothers around the house before long:)

Anonymous said...

Cousin Lilymei,
Yeah Lily! (clap,clap,clap)
Are you ready for a race?
Love,
Will

The Princess's Mommy said...

Way to Go, Lily Mei!! You'll be keeping your mama on her toes for sure before long!!

Love,
Monica

Dana said...

So happy to hear your good news about Lilymei!!! WOW that is amazing that everything is so good!! We are well and settling in
here in central Illinois with Sha Mei!
Wanted to tell you that we showed Jessie your blog and she was happy to know Lilymei is doing so well!!
She remembered you immediately!!
Talk soon
Dana

The Princess's Mommy said...

PS- I just noticed her outfit!! I can't believe she can wear it already!!! I LOVE it!!!!

~M

Lilymei joined our family...

Lilymei was born...

Drew is...

Nate is...

Jean and Scott have been married....