Tuesday, May 27, 2008

5 More Days....But Who's Counting?



I am! Well, so are the boys. 5 more days until the school year is officially over. I KNOW we are all ready for a break. The past month has seen the boys frantically working to plow through Easy Grammar, time test their way out of Saxon Math, and memorize those state capitals and South American countries. We still have 9 more chapters to read in History (that's only 9 days worth of reading) and Nate has a little more Science and Geography work to cover but.....school is almost over! I know some moms are dreading to think of school being let out for the summer but many homeschooling moms I know are just as thrilled as the kids for summer break to arrive. Funny how that works!

I have so many plans for the summer:
#1) Get ready to bring Lilymei home. I can't even fathom how much that will entail with getting travel visas, packing and repacking those few suitcases that we are allowed to bring, making sure we have all the paperwork packed and ready to travel; let alone purchasing all those necessary items toddlers need while baby proofing the house again.
#2) Figure out what curriculum I want to purchase for next year. Nate has asked for a few changes in some of his subjects and I am in agreement, for the most part. There are so many great programs to choose from it might take me all summer to get a few new things picked out, ordered, and have it shipped on time for school to resume.
#3) Tackle the photo albums. I haven't put photos in albums since arriving on Guam. I haven't ordered ANY pictures in over a year! I need a better system and I think Scott and I have come up with a plan. I'll let you know if that turns out.
#4) Read all those adoption books I've been meaning to. First I have to find them. I keep forgetting to check and see what the library here has available. Then I will have to ask for inter-library loans, if available. Also, I will have to check with the few bookstores on island and see what is available for purchase. So many books, so little time!
#5) Relax! I almost forgot that one. Does a mom ever really relax? I'm going to give it my best shot this summer and then hang up that idea for the next, oh 17 years or so!

Well, I know there are 101 more things I want to do this summer but for right now I think I'll go start reading a new book!

No comments:

Lilymei joined our family...

Lilymei was born...

Drew is...

Nate is...

Jean and Scott have been married....