Friday, May 30, 2008

And So It Begins!

It all started 2 weeks ago when the boys and I were shopping at the Gift Shop on base. Nate came over to me carrying a little silk purse that he wanted to purchase for Lilymei. He felt strongly that she would "need" a purse to put all her "things" in to. Drew didn't want to be outdone so while we were grocery shopping he begged me to buy the 2 pack Snuggle fabric softener that had a Snuggle bear packaged with it. Now the Snuggle bear is living inside the purse waiting for Lilymei to come home. Last week I was in the BX, browsing the book section like I always do, when I came across a few board books for baby with the soft, thick covers. I picked out the "Happy Baby Words" book and thought, what a perfect item to bring along with us to China. I mentioned to Scott that he was the only one in the family who hadn't picked out something for Lilymei yet. Not to be outdone, yesterday Scott came home with the cutest little pink OshKosh onesie and floral jumper. As you will see below, this shopping frenzy has gained momentum (even for Guam!). Look at what found it's way home from the mall today....

4 comments:

LisaMM said...

Every girl needs a little purse to put her things in! Great thinking, big brother!

LisaMM said...

I'm sure you probably know that Mei Mie means "Little Sister" in Chinese..

Patti said...

Adorable! Little girls are so fun to shop for!! hehe.. my little girl likes to put her dinosaurs in her purse ;)

Heather BT said...

Howdy!
Just found your blog today. Monica may have told you because I told her, that LiLi (pronounced roughly like your Lily) means Jasmine in Mandarin and Mei means beautiful.
I am so with you on the accumulation of clothing and 'Stuff' as we wait. A lot of Acer's stuff from last year still doesn't fit him, and I'm worried about stuff being too small for Little Miss by the time we're a family.
BUT, you can't stop! It's so hard to pass things by.
Take care on your trip, glad you're going so soon
Heather BT
http://adoptakid.blogspot.com

Lilymei joined our family...

Lilymei was born...

Drew is...

Nate is...

Jean and Scott have been married....