Thursday, August 13, 2009

Gettin' Settled

We've been in the house for just over a week and things are finally starting to fall into place. The upstairs level is almost finished. At least we have clothes in the drawers and hanging in the closets. The kitchen is unpacked but I'm sure I will be rearranging some cupboards later on. We still have boxes in the living and dining rooms and LOTS of boxes in the basement. Thank goodness school hasn't started yet or I would really be stressing.

Speaking of school, Nate will be in 8th grade this year. Scott and I have decided to sign him up for the A Beka Academy Home School Video Streaming program. The program looks to be a challenge for him but we know he can handle it. Drew will also be home schooled again this year. Drew will be entering 5th grade and we are going to hit the ground running. I have tentatively set the first day of school to be September 8 but if I can get myself psyched up we may start earlier.

We had our first house guest last night. Our good friend, Mike, who was stationed with us in Guam, was in the DC area last night buying a truck. Scott met up with him on his way home from work. Mike followed Scott to our home for dinner and a night on the futon before he left for Delaware to start his home search at his new base. It was so nice to see a familiar face ~ thanks for stopping by Mike!

Some of you may have noticed Scott is now on Facebook. Scott was the guinea pig for this experiment. If all goes well, I may get on too. I know so many of you out there are on Facebook. I'll admit I'm a little curious but it looks so much more involved than posting to a blog. You'll just have to wait and see if you see my face on Facebook in the next week or so...
Any helpful hints would be appreciated.


4 comments:

Chad and Kristy said...

I will have to admit.. I though Facebook was stupid at first but I have grown to enjoy it. It is a lot easier than a blog! I have noticed a lot of people lagging on their blogs because they spend to much on facebook. I just enjoy getting on from time to time (ok several times a day) to see what everyone is doing and look at their pictures. You get a lot of crazy invitations for quizes, games, and such but I usually ignore most of that and just delete them. I think everyone from our travel group is on there but you (and Chad... he refuses)!!

Good Luck with homeschool this year.. our schedule is filling up fast with field trips and fun stuff. So much fun:)

The Princess's Mommy said...

Glad you are getting settled in! Can't wait to see pics of the new place.

Love,
Monica

Nellie Jane said...

Glad to hear that you are settling in! Good luck with the upcoming school year...we're going to do a pre-school with a few moms on Palau Loop starting the second week in Sept. Should be busy and fun! Analia will just soak it up. She turned 3 on Aug.7 and is ready for some learnin'! About Facebook...it's nice. Sometimes I don't feel like writing much on my blog, but I can just write a line or read tidbits of what other people are doing. It's fun. Plus uploading pictures is SO SO much easier...you can do tons at a time too. I'm going to find Scott...do you think he'll be my friend? Ha ha! Miss you guys! By the way, have you read the Harry Potters? I am reading them for the first time and I'm in book 4...they are so fun!!!

Heather BT said...

On the sidebar of my blog there is a link to The Prairie family chronicles, they have used the same video home schooling program for years and her oldest son is in 7th. Lois would be a good source for info about using it.
Glad to hear you're settling in to the DC area.

Lilymei joined our family...

Lilymei was born...

Drew is...

Nate is...

Jean and Scott have been married....