Thursday, August 27, 2009

In Memory of Grandma

My dad's mother passed away on Monday, August 24, 2009. She was 92 years young. The funeral is being held today, Thursday, August 27, 2009. Scott, the kids, and I were able to visit with her at the nursing home when we were in Ohio last month. She was having a really good day the day we were there.

Grandma S., the O's, and Papa Harry

Grandma always made the best honey cookies. I remember Grandma making them for me even after I went to college. This past summer I attempted, for the first time, to make her honey cookie recipe. After much trial and error I was able to make some cookies that were edible but I told grandma last month I was going to have to keep trying if I was ever going to be able to make them as well as hers.

Grandpa S. passed away on October 26, 2002 (Drew's 4th birthday). Grandma and Grandpa had 12 children, 52 grandchildren, 81 great-grandchildren, and 6 great-great-grandchildren.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. ((((Hugs))))

Love you! Susan

Holly said...

I'm sorry. What a legacy to leave behind.
Lilymei is getting big fast. I talked to her foster family this summer..as they were my son's foster family too. Sent you a request on FB..hope it helps stay in touch.
Hope you are settling in to your new place...I know it's got to be quite the adjustment from Guam :)

Lilymei joined our family...

Lilymei was born...

Drew is...

Nate is...

Jean and Scott have been married....