Sunday, July 20, 2008

3 More Guam Mornings!

It is Sunday evening, July 20, 2008. After church this morning we ran to the grocery store and picked up a few items to get us through until we leave on Wednesday. I picked up a few more snacks for us and Lilymei too. Now I really need to take out a couple of articles of clothing from each of our piles if I think I am going to be able to take everything else I want to.

Scott surprised me this afternoon by taking me to "lunch" at Planet Hollywood. Actually, it was a surprise baby shower given by the mothers of Nate's Boy Scout troop. We had a nice lunch and the ladies gave us an amazing amount of baby clothes, books, and toys for Lilymei! Thank you Lisa, Amy, Lori, Beth, Jodi, and Cindy!!! Scott and the boys ducked out right away for their own afternoon of fun: lunch at Hard Rock Cafe, and the mowing of 3 yards! I'm glad I missed out on that.

3 more Guam sunrises before we leave! We will be holding Lilymei in less than 7 days!

5 comments:

Susan said...

There is a Planet Hollywood and a Hard Rock on Guam? Never would have guessed that!

The shower sounds so sweet! I bet you were surprised!

Do you know if you'll be able to post much from China?

Love you! Susan

Jean said...

Yes, Hard Rock and Planet Hollywood are right in between Louis Vuitton and Tiffany. It's all downtown where the Japanese tourists shop. Other than high end shopping, there's not really much else~ KMart.

Others before us have been able to post so we are hoping we can too. I hear it's not possible to actually see the blogs though~just post to them.

Jean

Mom 2 Four said...

Hey there, thanks for the email. Not much longer and you will be on your way. Please be safe in your travels. Shanghai is great, we cannot wait to meet you in Beijing.

Christe

Heather BT said...

How great is that, a surprise shower. I think at Day three before leaving I was bouncing off the walls in my quiet manner. Don't for get your children's dramamine!
take care
Heather BT

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Safe travels to all of you.

Lilymei joined our family...

Lilymei was born...

Drew is...

Nate is...

Jean and Scott have been married....