Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lucky #7


7 Days to go until we fly to Beijing! Somebody pinch me! Today has been a productive day; I have all of the clothes I'm bringing for Lilymei folded and ready to go. I have most of our meds in one location~just need to add those last minute items. I have the books, toys, and stuffed animals (Thanks Patti!) ready to go. I started to assemble the gift bags for the orphanage director, notary and registrar, our CHI coordinators, and the nannies. I still have a few things to pick up to complete the gift bags. Thank goodness for the AOSC gift shop!


The plan for this evening is to run to the BX (our Walmart/Target/whatever you want to call it) and pick up some lightweight socks, diapers, swim diapers, and wipes. I also want to stop at the commissary (grocery store) and get some Goldfish snacks, Crystal Light on-the-go packets for bottled water, and more Ziploc baggies (thanks for the tip Monica!).

Whew!!! The next couple of days are going to be crazy busy and I won't be home much. The scouts are going rock wall climbing Thursday afternoon and on Friday the boys have their music lessons and I have a manicure/pedicure appt. in the afternoon. Will I be ready by next Wednesday? I doubt it. That's ok though, I'm gettin' on that plane anyway!

7 more days until we leave! 11 days until we get Lilymei!

1 comment:

The Princess's Mommy said...

Hey Girl!
I'm thinking of you!! Don't forget the Cheerios...they're hard to find over there!!

You're almost there! WHOO-HOO!
Love,
Monica

Lilymei joined our family...

Lilymei was born...

Drew is...

Nate is...

Jean and Scott have been married....