Friday, July 18, 2008

Five Days 'til We Travel!!!!!

(photo of Drew, Nate, and Scott on vacation in Oceanside CA, Aug '05)

5 is also the number of times I went to the credit union to get the "crisp, pseudo-new" dollar bills that we will need to bring with us to China. Even though on trip #3 I asked the tellers very nicely to please have the allotted bills ready by next Tuesday I panicked and ran in asking for them today. I was afraid that with Monday being Liberation Day on Guam that the credit union might be closed and I didn't want to wait until the day before we left to be gathering all the funds, just in case there would be a problem. On trip #4 (this morning) I came home with the correct dollar amount but... with trip #5 an hour later I came home mostly satisfied with the "crispness" I was looking for. Let's hope we are good to go in the eyes of the Chinese money exchangers.

1 comment:

Mom 2 Four said...

WOO HOO, see you on Thursday in Beijing.

Christe

Lilymei joined our family...

Lilymei was born...

Drew is...

Nate is...

Jean and Scott have been married....